While the work piles up, and time off is non-existent, staying sane for me happens with the little things, like this Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread. Here are some of my other little things:
1. Do something that makes you feel pretty. Pluck those eyebrows or braid your hair, or wear some neat jewelry.
2. If you have a spare moment, Google pictures of somewhere you want to go. My latest go to Google image search is camping in a tee pee.
3. Draw doodles. My favorite doodle is looking at someone, drawing his or her face without looking at the paper or lifting up the pen.
4. Think about how much cooler life is going to be once Downton Abbey returns.
5. Take baths. They are awesome and relaxing and I don’t think most people do it enough.
Ok you guys. We have some crazy delicious chocolate chip coconut banana bread for you today. We made it in these mini loaf pans but you can also make it full size. Throughout the week we will be posting two more recipes that utilize banana bread in other crazy amazing combinations. So keep a look out! We hope you love them! If you love this recipe, you’ll also love our Chai Banana Cake!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
- 9" loaf pan or 5" loaf pans
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium over ripe bananas
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter. Add bananas and mash with a fork.
- Add sugar and vanilla to banana mixture and stir together until completely combined.
- Add eggs and continue to mix together.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until well combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (or pans) and bake for about 45 minutes for the mini loaves, about 1 hour 20 minutes for full size loaf or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of bread.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.