Are you planning an epic day or weekend for Dad? Here are all the Father’s Day Dinner Ideas you need to plan a delicious dinner that Dad (and everyone else) will love!
To prepare for Father’s Day, we decided to arm you with some of our meatiest, most delicious, Dad-approved recipes. This guide is mostly geared towards Father’s Day dinner food, but we also included a list of breakfast and brunch recipes because we have so many that would be perfect for Dad.
Classic Father’s Day Dinner Ideas
The entree of your Father’s Day meal, with everything Dad will love, from pork chops and smoked brisket to slow cooker BBQ brisket and everything in between.
- Carne Asada Fries: Think of delicious nachos, but with fries instead of chips! These Carne Asada Fries have all the toppings you could ever want. A total indulgence for any special dad!
- Sticky Hoisin Oven Baked Ribs: This is one recipe the dads in our lives get so excited to see on the table. These ribs are fall-off-the-bone delicious. It’s also a perfect Father’s Day recipe because all the prep is done ahead of time, so you can still spend your day with Dad while they slowly bake in the oven.
- Korean Fried Chicken: The sauce is a classic Korean Chicken Wing sauce that’s super spicy and goes perfectly with these incredibly crispy chicken wings.
- Panko-Crusted Lamb Chops: These crispy parmesan-crusted lamb chops take only 30 minutes to make and can be served as an appetizer while everyone’s enjoying time together or saved for the main course!
- Slow Cooker BBQ Wagyu Beef Brisket: This mouth-watering main dish is super easy to make since the slow cooker does all the work. You’ll be rewarded with perfectly tender meat that’s packed with flavor.
- Carnitas: Carnitas are perfect for adding to a build-your-own taco board. Include our Carnitas, Chicken Fajitas, or Carne Asada, and put out tortillas and toppings so everyone can make their own favorite taco combinations!
- Spatchcock Chicken: Dry chickens are a thing of the past once you’ve mastered the spatchcock technique. Use a cast iron skillet, and this dish can be made in the oven or on the grill.
On the Grill
Father’s Day is the best time to clean off the grill and put it to use. Whether Dad’s the BBQ master or he’s kicking back with his feet up while you do the grilling, he’ll love any of these grilled favorites!
- Grilled Shrimp and Steak Surf and Turf: For the Dads who like it all, this recipe can’t be beat. Perfectly done steak and tender juicy shrimp, all done on the grill for the perfect surf and turf cookout.
- Mustard Crusted Pork Chops: These chops are a classic Father’s Day dinner idea: easy to grill up, super satisfying, and covered in a delicious and tangy mustard sauce. Pair these pork chops with one of our salad recipes or a classic potato salad.
- Lamb Kabobs: These juicy chunks of lamb skewered on a stick are perfect for snacking on while enjoying time with Dad. Don’t forget to make the mint yogurt dip. The cooling, tangy dip takes the savory seasoned lamb to a mouthwatering level.
- Carne Asada Recipe: This one is for all the steak-loving Dads! It’s easy, flavorful, and so juicy. Serve it with a pile of tortillas and toppings for unbeatable tacos.
- Bacon Western Double Cheeseburgers: A classic juicy cheeseburger piled high with bacon and onion rings is the ultimate grilled Father’s Day dinner!
- Grilled Tri Tip Sandwiches: Juicy grilled tri-tip topped with melty cheese, lightly caramelized red onions and a creamy horseradish sauce, all sandwiched between grilled bread.
- Grilled BLTA Flatbreads: If you need a lighter option for the grill, try these flatbreads piled high with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Grilling everything adds a perfect smoky and charred flavor.
- Grilled Peel n’ Eat Shrimp: Let the shrimp sit in the savory mesquite marinade just before the party, then toss them on the grill for 5-6 minutes for a super quick appetizer that’s sure to impress.
- Chicken Satay: This grilled chicken recipe packs a lot of flavor, especially when dipped peanut in peanut sauce. You can make much of this ahead of time, which is perfect when entertaining a big family!
Father’s Day Sandwich Recipes
Our dads are such sandwich fanatics; we figured some of yours might be too. Meat, veggies, sauces, and cheese, all gathered between two slices of bread. What’s not to love? Here are some of our favorite sandwich recipes for your Father’s Day celebration!
- Baked Nashville Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches: These sandwiches are insanely popular on the blog, and for a good reason! The chicken is breaded, baked, and slathered in a hot honey butter sauce. Your dad will be requesting this one over and over!
- Carne Asada Torta: Instead of serving the carne asada recipe above as tacos, try serving it as a torta! With toppings like beans, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onions, and plenty of cheese, we know this will make any Dad super happy!
- Popeyes Chicken Sandwich: You don’t have to show up with greasy drive-thru bags to serve Dad’s favorite fast-food chicken. Our homemade version has the crispy chicken you love with spicy mayo to top it off.
- Pork Tenderloin Sandwich: This sandwich is epic. The ultra-crispy coating is made from oyster crackers, while the pork loin is tender and juicy, so every bite is satisfying and delicious.
- Pork Katsu Sandwiches: We love this crispy fried pork cutlet sandwich on soft milk bread so much. The fresh shredded cabbage and tangy katsu sauce add the perfect texture and flavor balance to this rich and delicious sandwich!
- Philly Cheesesteak: You can’t beat the combination of thinly sliced, juicy ribeye steak, caramelized peppers and onions, and melty cheese, all wrapped up in a soft and warm hoagie roll!
- Grinder Sandwich: The perfect picnic food! This grinder salad sandwich has zesty Italian meats and plenty of fresh and pickled veggies packed in the middle of a thick and hearty Italian roll.
If you’re looking for some side dish recipes to pair with any of the classic Father’s Day dinner ideas, grilled meats, or sandwiches, here are a handful of our favorites:
- Classic Creamy Potato Salad: You can’t go wrong with a classic potato salad. It goes with everything from grilled pork chops to BBQ ribs or any sandwich.
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes – If Father’s Day is your chance to shine with food presentation, you have to serve these mini hasselback potatoes. They’re as beautiful as they are delicious and will have everyone admiring your culinary skills (even though they’re incredibly simple!).
- Crispy Parmesan Potatoes – While no potato is a bad potato, these crispy parmesan potatoes might be one of our favorites. Each potato has a crispy, cheesy layer and an incredibly soft and tender inside. You’ll never want to make “normal” baked potatoes again!
- Beer-Battered Onion Rings: The perfect side for any sandwich, these beer-battered onion rings stay crispy far longer than any other recipe, thanks to our secret ingredient!
- Loaded BBQ Chicken Salad – If dad’s not a “salad for an entree” type of guy, serve this BBQ chicken salad as a side dish that can stand in as a full meal for anyone at the table. It’s loaded with juicy chicken and plenty of fresh veggies, all dressed in a luscious BBQ ranch dressing.
- Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad: Add a fresh twist to your classic macaroni salad by adding tuna fish and carrots and a little zip to the mayonnaise dressing. It’s the perfect pair for Carne Asada and beef brisket!
- Stovetop Mac and Cheese – This warm, ooey-gooey cheesy macaroni pairs perfectly with any meaty main dish.
- Buttermilk Cornbread: Moist and crumbly with chunks of corn and slathered in our craveable bacon lime chili butter. Serve this alongside any meat-based entree.
Our Best Father’s Day Appetizers
Father’s Day appetizers are a must to keep everyone satisfied before dinner is served. All of the recipes below will round out any Father’s Day dinner menu perfectly!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: A classic game day recipe, this appetizer recipe is too good to save for only sporting events. Use our homemade buffalo sauce to whip this delicious creamy dip up!
- Korean Corn Cheese: One of the most popular recipes on our blog – and rightfully so because it’s one of the easiest to make and is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, creamy, and gooey! It’s multi-purpose for Father’s Day since you can serve it as an appetizer with chips or as a dip for grilled meat.
- Chicken Fried Potatoes: Thin slices of potatoes battered and fried until they’re super crispy and delicious! Serve with your favorite sauce or our recommended Chick Fil A sauce recipe!
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Just like at your favorite restaurant, but made at home for everyone to enjoy! Serve with crostini, raw veggies, tortilla chips, or pita chips.
- Coconut Shrimp: This tropical appetizer can be baked, fried, or made in the air fryer. Serve it with our mango salsa to bring Dad back to vacations of years past!
- Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken Nachos: Sheet pan nachos give you one thin layer of chips, so every chip has melted cheese and toppings the way it should!
- Crockpot Beer Cheese Dip: Set out a crockpot full of this decadent beer cheese dip, but don’t blink, because it will be gone before you know it! It’s the perfect dip for everything from pretzels to potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, and even slices of sausage.
- Mini Crunchwrap Supremes: This appetizer is a labor of love, but the result is so tasty and perfect for those Taco Bell-loving Dads!
- Spicy Honey Butter Air Fryer Wings: These tender, juicy wings are slathered in a hot honey butter sauce that will have your dad licking his fingers and asking for more!
- Fried Pickel Chips: Make one of the best bar food appetizers at home. But, unlike many bar fried pickles, these ones are always crispy, never soggy, and can even be made ahead of time and frozen to bring out the day of!
- Pizza Wheels: You can make this recipe ahead of time and stuff it with your favorite pizza toppings, but we love good old pepperoni. The wheels bake up super nice and have a delicious crispy crust. Serve with marinara for dipping!
Breakfast and Brunch Dad Will Love
Although this post is for Father’s Day dinner ideas, we know that some of you are planning breakfast and brunches to celebrate your Dad. Here is a quick selection of our favorite breakfast recipes for Father’s Day!
- Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos: These meaty Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos are low maintenance, and you can replace the fried egg with scrambled to make them even easier to make.
- Easy Chilaquiles: Crispy tortilla chips baked in a flavorful chipotle-tomato sauce and topped with fried eggs. Our version of Chilaquiles is a slightly simplified version from the classic, making it extra easy to whip up for Dad.
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes: Potato skins filled with crispy bacon and eggs, then baked to creamy perfection. It’s a whole meal all in one!
- Shrimp and Grits: Classic Shrimp and Grits that are so creamy and delicious. It’s the perfect comfort food recipe to serve for your Father’s Day brunch.
- Biscuits and Gravy: Biscuits and Gravy is a classic special occasion breakfast food, and Dad is sure to appreciate the effort. You can’t beat this simple savory gravy spooned over fluffy biscuits!
- Loco Moco: This hearty Hawaiian dish is packed with so much flavor and is incredibly filling with rice, hamburger, fried eggs, and savory mushroom gravy. It’s the perfect dish to serve any dad with a big appetite!
- Breakfast Casserole: If standing in the kitchen on Father’s Day does not sound like your idea of a good time, prepare the breakfast casserole the night before and toss it in the oven in the morning. Everyone will love this all-in-one breakfast casserole.
- Hash Brown Crust Bacon and Cheddar Quiche: An all-in-one breakfast with a crispy hashbrowns crust, salty, savory bacon, and cheddar cheese, all baked into a light and fluffy quiche.