We finally have a recipe for Buffalo Sauce for you guys and we couldn’t be more excited. This sauce is ridiculously simple, delicious and can be used on a number of things (aside from just chicken wings)!
What is Buffalo Sauce?
It’s basically hot sauce (which is generally comprised of hot peppers, vinegar and salt) with the addition of melted butter. Our recipe also incorporates garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce for a little extra flavor and kick. You can totally just stick with hot sauce and butter though and it’ll still be delicious!
How to Make Buffalo Sauce
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together until fully incorporated. THAT’S IT!
Tools You Will Need
Preferred Hot Sauce to Use
We love using Frank’s RedHot sauce because it’s the traditional sauce to use in buffalo wings and it has a really great flavor. Feel free to use the hot sauce of your choice, just know the flavor will be slightly different depending on what hot sauce you use.
Shelf Life of This Buffalo Sauce
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month! Shake sauce well before each use.
What to Use Buffalo Sauce On
It goes so well with so many different dishes. You can incorporate it into a recipe, use it as a dipping sauce, brush it on to different proteins or vegetables, and drizzle on top of so many different dishes.
A few of our favorite ways to use it is:
- Replace the Korean hot sauce mix for this buffalo sauce in our Korean Fried Chicken or our Korean Fried Chicken Nuggets.
- Toss it together with the chopped chicken instead of barbecue sauce in our Loaded BBQ Chicken Salad recipe (and sprinkle the salad with crumbled bleu cheese!).
- Use it in our delicious baked Buffalo Cauliflower recipe!
- We love using it as a dipping sauce for our Halloumi Nuggets!
- Drizzle it over our Green Chilaquiles for an extra kick.
Check out how to make this Buffalo Sauce on our Google Web Story!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (preferably Franks Red Hot)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together until fully incorporated.