We are so excited to share this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Wagyu Beef Brisket. This New Zealand grass-fed Wagyu Brisket comes from First Light and we were lucky enough to visit(link to trip post) one of their farms on our trip there to see how they raise Wagyu cattle that results in this incredible Wagyu Brisket that is insanely delicious. Their Wagyu beef is 100% grass-fed (see below for a picture of the cows’ food!), and First Light is also non GMO, no antibiotics or added hormones, certified humane, and ASPCA certified. They are making beef the right way.
This recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Wagyu Beef Brisket is so so good. I have been chowing down on the leftovers! This is a great recipe for a dinner party because it makes for an impressive dish. It also isn’t complicated to make at all! My husband said this was the best BBQ sauce he has ever tasted! Pair that with this insane grass-fed Wagyu Brisket and you have a winning dinner for sure.
We bought this First Light New Zealand grass-fed Wagyu Brisket at Bristol Farms, but here is a list of places it is available.
Check out that marbling! I love that this brisket is made in a slow cooker. It makes the grass-fed Wagyu so tender and delicious, and it’s super easy! If you love slow cooker recipes, we also have a few more on the site. This recipe for this slow cooker pickled pulled pork sandwiches is equally as simple and delicious!
Hungry for more?
Slow Cooker BBQ Wagyu Beef Brisket
- slow cooker
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3½ pounds New Zealand grass-fed Wagyu beef Brisket Flat trimmed (you can use up to 4 pounds)
- 2½ cups ketchup divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar divided
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce divided
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place all dry rub ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until completely combined.
- Rub brisket all over with dry rub. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups ketchup, 3/4 cup brown sugar, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, ground mustard, and black pepper into a slow cooker and stir together.
- Place brisket into slow cooker, turning to coat. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Remove brisket onto a foil lined baking sheet. Loosely cover with foil and set aside.
- Skim as much fat as possible from sauce and pour reserved sauce into a small saucepan, discarding fat.
- Stir in remaining ketchup, sugar and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Set broiler to low.
- Brush half of the sauce over brisket and broil brisket for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from broiler, thinly slice and serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.