New Year’s Eve Appetizers are one of our favorite things about new years parties. Although this year there is less of a party thing going on because we are in the middle of a pandemic. Regardless of how you are celebrating, you can still have all the good food. Appetizers are one of our favorite courses so we have no shortage of recipes. Below you will find our collection of our best New Year’s Eve Appetizers, cherry picked for celebrating in mind!
Our New Years Eve Appetizer round up has a variety of recipes that are make ahead, packed with flavor and totally unique.
Easy Appetizers for New Year’s Eve
1. Honey Brûléed Brie – This recipe is our go-to, which is why it’s starting off our list of New Year’s Eve appetizers. It’s a super easy low maintenance new years appetizer. Serve with crackers or veggies, even some charcuterie and you are good to go!
2. Corn Cakes – Our Corn Cakes recipe is one of my favorite appetizers on the blog. I love how crispy these corn cakes get, and if you happen to be able to get fresh corn, the snappy corn paired with the crispy exterior of these corn cakes is the best thing ever.
3. Korean Corn Cheese – This recipe is one of the easiest appetizers we have on the blog, which is why I added it to our easy appetizers for New Years Eve list. You can make the mixture ahead of time and bake when you’re ready. We love to serve this new years eve appetizer with chips, but it goes well with cut up vegetables.
4. Charcuterie Flatbreads – This easy new years eve appetizer is no bake! All this recipe requires is good quality ingredients. Cut the flatbread up into little pieces for more of a finger food vibe.
5. Prosciutto topped Cucumber Crostini – Another great no bake new years eve appetizer. I love the fact that this appetizer is on the healthier side and is low carb!
6. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Whipped Feta on Toast Points – In LA we have the prettiest heirloom cherry tomatoes right now. If you can find some where you are then this simple recipe is a great way to capture those fresh tomato flavors!
7. Chipotle Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos – This is usually our go-to game day appetizer recipe, but I thought I would include it because I have a vision. If you plan to get boozy, prep these out as much as you can and when the time is right (like 12:30? 1am?) pop these into the oven and have yourself a delicious happy new years snack. Good plan, right?
8. Savory Cheese and Herb Waffles – This is another easy appetizer for new years eve. You can make the batter ahead of time and cook the waffles when you are ready. Top with cheese and prosciutto and some fresh herbs and you have yourself an incredibly delicious easy appetizer!
Our Best New Years Eve Appetizers
1. Savory S’mores – Kind of similar to our Honey Brûlée Brie appetizer that we linked above, this is a little unique. We have a yummy herb and cheese cookie recipe (but you can use store bought crackers to cut down on time), topped with prosciutto and a cube of melty brie, then drizzled with honey. Basically, the perfect New Years Eve appetizer – ever.
2. Halloumi Nuggets – These are little, delicious nuggets of salty cheese that are so very addicting. We pair ours with a simple Marinara Sauce, but they would also be delicious with ranch, or romesco!
3. Pizza Wheels – Think of these as the more delicious more adult version of pizza rolls. These are insanely good, and although have them here on this list of New Years Eve Appetizers, I think this recipe is completely a suitable dinner. We made ours with pepperoni, but you can stuff them with your favorite pizza toppings!
4. Hush Puppies – These delicious balls of savory, green onion cornmeal kind of taste like cornbread, but a lighter airier version. We paired these delicious balls of goodness with a spicy honey drizzle. You will want more, make a double batch!
5. Korean Style Cocktail Meatballs – We do have a more classic cocktail meatball – our Ginger Garlic Cocktail Meatballs which I love, but these Korean Style Cocktail Meatballs are so delicious, and I love the flavors so I am suggesting you mix it up for New Years and go with these Korean Style Cocktail Meatballs!
6. Potstickers – People love this recipe! This is a great New Years Eve Appetizer recipe because you can make these ahead and pan fry when you are ready. Make a double batch and freeze some for later!
7. Fried Burrata – This is a delicious one! We fried a whole ball of burrata and then added it to a pool of romesco sauce. It’s so good. Just make sure to handle the burrata carefully while you are breading it so it doesn’t break and you will be good to go!
8. Last but not least we have this recipe for Wonton Mozzarella sticks. We love this recipe because the wonton wrappers really make the prep for this recipe go quick. They also make for a super crispy exterior. Serve with a simple marinara sauce and/or ranch!
Hungry for more?
Best New Year’s Eve Appetizers: Wonton Mozzarella Sticks
- 40 square wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 20 ounces part-skim mozzarella, cut into 40 (2 ½” x ¼″ x ¼″) sticks
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Stir egg and water together and brush each wonton wrapper with the egg wash and place a piece of mozzarella in each wonton, diagonally in one corner.
- Tightly roll the stick of cheese in the wonton wrapper, tucking the sides in about halfway through the rolling, before completing and sealing.
- Place wrapped mozzarella stick onto a parchment lined baking sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the wontons and mozzarella sticks have been used.
- Place mozzarella stick in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Pour about 2 inches oil into a tall pot and preheat stovetop to 350˚F.
- Remove mozzarella sticks from freezer and fry in small batches, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the wontons turn golden brown and the cheese has melted through.
- Drain onto a paper towel and lightly season with salt.
- Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce.
- *Makes 40 sticks