Happy hump day! We are sharing anew kinda lighter chili for you today. This one is a recipe for Spicy White Bean Chili with Shredded Chicken. The perfect cozy chili for those cold nights, super filling without being grossly full if you know what I mean. Also, this recipe reheats so well, so make extra to freeze. I love this soup with a good bread to soak up all the broth at the bottom of the bowl. Isn’t that just the best? Anyway, I love this soup, and I hope you do too. :) yay comfort food!
We love this soup recipe! Here are some delicious sides to serve with this recipe:
Here are some more delicious and comforting soup recipes you will like:
- Kitchen Sink Chili
- Creamy Chicken Farro Soup
- Leftover Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Spicy Black Bean Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- One Pot Mulligatawny Soup
Also check out this post for our Best Soup Recipes!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Spicy White Bean Chili with Shredded Chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ears charred sweet corn kernels
- 3 cups low chicken stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- charred corn kernels
- cilantro leaves
- thinly sliced radishes
- Pour oil into a saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, poblano, Anaheim and jalapeno peppers and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
- Add herbs and spices and continue to sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in corn and reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and stir together.
- Roughly mash one can of beans with a potato masher and stir into the saucepan along with the other can of beans plus the juices from both cans. Fold in chicken and lower heat to medium-low to simmer.
- Simmer chili for 10 to 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve topped with garnishes.
- *Makes 2 quarts Chili