Today we have a Korean Style Spicy Pork Belly recipe. Pork Belly is one of my favorite things to order at Korean BBQ, so it’s nice to be able to make it at home once in a while. This is a great recipe for a group of people because the components for it are so minimal. Lettuce and brown rice essentially. My favorite part of this recipe is constructing my little pork belly burrito. I personally go for double lettuce because I really love the texture and taste with the pork belly, but it is totally ok to just forget the lettuce and eat the rice topped with pork belly. Whatever floats your boat! Enjoy!
Here are some more Korean Inspired recipes you might like:
- Kimchi Grilled Cheese
- Korean Corn Cheese
- Kimchi Fried Rice
- Korean BBQ Meatballs ove Rice
- Korean BBQ Nachos
- Korean Style Spicy Sashimi Salad
- Kimchi Fried Rice Balls
- Korean Style Cocktail Meatballs
- Korean Fried Chicken
- Galbi Jim
- Bo Ssam
- Bibim Nengmyun
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Korean-Style Marinated Spicy Pork Belly
- 1 pound thinly sliced pork belly
- ⅓ cup Korean chili paste (gochugang)
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and pat dry
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice, cooled optional
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- For pork belly: Place pork belly in a large, nonreactive mixing bowl and add remaining marinade ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Grill pork belly for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and continue to grill for 2 additional minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- To assemble: Place a tablespoon or two of rice onto the center of a single red lettuce leaf and top with pork belly, green onions and sesame seeds. Wrap up and eat.