If you love doughnuts, but don’t want to fry stuff, these are for you. With blackberries in season right now go buy a big flat of them at the farmers market to make these! We put blackberries in the doughnuts and in the glaze. We should have really just called these double blackberry doughnuts. :) Yay summer doughnuts!
We love baked donuts a lot. Here are some other baked donut recipes you will love:
Hungry for more?
Baked Blackberry and Cardamom Doughnuts
- doughnut pan
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar (granulated is fine)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (or ¾ cup of plain yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons all natural apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ¼ cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to remove any lumps and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for the blackberries and whisk together.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir together. Gently fold in the blackberries until just combined (batter should be thick)
- Scoop mixture into a piping bag or a re-closeable plastic bag and snip the tip. Pipe mixture into prepared doughnut molds and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until slightly darker than golden brown on top and doughnuts have begun to brown on the bottoms.
- Remove from oven and allow doughnuts to sit for 5 minutes. Remove from molds and place onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze: Place blackberries into a food processor and puree until smooth. Strain. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until fully incorporated and no lumps remain.
- To assemble: Fully dip each doughnut into the glaze and shake to remove any excess. Allow glazed doughnuts to set, about 20 minutes, before serving.