I love this recipe Jenny created, not only because I freaking love meatballs, but because these reheat so well, so you can make em once and then have enough for another dinner some other weeknight. These also make a great appetizer recipe on their own too! These Korean BBQ meatballs have that sweet and savory thing going on which really caramelize in the oven. I hope you guys love them as much as I do!
Korean BBQ Meatballs over Rice
- ½ cup (low sodium) soy sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin optional
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ small Asian pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- steamed white or brown rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place all glaze ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until completely cooled and thickened.
- Place all marinade ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, pour marinade ingredients over ground beef and lightly season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Roll beef mixture into 24 even sized balls and place onto prepared baking sheet, ½ inch apart.
- Bake meatballs for 12 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Remove meatballs from oven and brush each one with cooled glaze.
- Place baking sheet until broiler and broil glazed meatballs for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove meatballs from broiler and brush with more glaze.
- Pile meatballs over a platter of steamed rice and finish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Makes ~24 meatballs