I was at the grocery store the other day and noticed the recipe for rice krispies treats on the back of a cereal box and kind of freaked out. I couldn’t believe the rice crispy to marshmallow ratio! I think it was something like one (10 ounce) bag of marshmallows to 6 cups of cereal?! Whaaaa?? That makes for VERY dry rice krispies treats! Seriously though. You’d totally be missing out on the chewy, sticky marshmallow situation, which I think is the best part!
Anyways, I think it’s important to share another version where the ratios make way more sense, and just because it’s really delicious, with the addition of cookies and cream cookies! We have our version of Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats that take 10 minutes to make and are crazy addicting. They’re the perfect last second treat to make and bring at any sort of gathering. I used store-bought marshmallows because we’re trying to keep things super simple here, but I like using Dandies brand because they’re all natural and vegan. Honestly, use whatever brand you like, or if you’re really ambitious, you can make your own marshmallow fluff. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 ½ to 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 24 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- Place marshmallows and butter in a large pot over low heat. Cook together until butter and marshmallows have melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in cereal until just combined.
- Carefully fold in broken cookies until evenly mixed together.
- Pour and evenly press mixture into a lightly greased, 8”x8” baking dish.
- Allow treats to set, about 1 hour. Cut and serve.