Making your own Fathers Day cake is such a thoughtful thing to do for Dad. We curated this list of what we think are our best Fathers Day cake ideas. There are some non cake options because we just couldn’t help ourselves. We hope you find something you love!
Fathers Day Cakes
- One Bowl Chocolate Sheet Cake with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting: A classic and delicious cake that I think makes the most perfect Fathers Day cake there ever was. This is a perfect cake if your Dad loves peanut butter cake. Although the cake is chocolate, the peanut butter frosting is so rich and pairs so perfectly that I know they will love it!
- Six Layer S’mores Cake: This impressive layer cake that is for sure! It’s our cake version of the classic s’mores treat. This one is a crowd pleaser so it’s great to make for a big group!
- New York Style Cheesecake: This caramel covered cheesecake is an indulgence that is for sure! A perfect classic Fathers Day cake we know Dad will love!
- Meyer Lemon and Poppy Seed Pound Cake: This pound cake has such classic flavors. I love the sharpness of the lemon against the sweetness of the icing. You can you use any bundt cake pan you might already have!
- Brown Butter Cake with Vanilla Honey Frosting: Does Dad like to keep it simple? Then this Fathers Day cake is for you! A simple brown butter cake covered in a delicious light vanilla honey frosting. Yum! Press M&Ms into the frosting to decorate, or get some fun sprinkles!
- Spicy Chocolate Stout Cake: Is Dad a beer lover? Then this Spicy Stout Chocolate Cake might be the perfect Father’s Day cake for you! Mexican chocolate, spices, and stout all play nice together to create a deliciously flavorful cake.
- Carrot Cake: A classic delicious and super flavorful carrot cake recipe with a cream cheese frosting. You can’t go wrong with this one, especially if your Dad is a carrot cake fan!
- Devils Food Cake with Real Strawberry Frosting: A perfect Fathers day cake – chocolatey devils food cake covered in a light and flavorful strawberry frosting. The combo is just perfect!
Not cake, but other desserts for Dad:
- Creamy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie: Ok, ok, not a cake – but this pie is so creamy and so delicious that it just deserved to be included. Especially if you Dad isn’t a cake fan!
- Sticky Toffee Pudding: This is usually a recipe I only bust out for the Holidays, but it’s just so darn good, that I think it would make a perfect substitution for a Fathers Day cake.
- French Silk Pie: A super charged chocolate dessert with the lightest, creamiest, chocolate filling. It’s just so so good.
- Classic Banana Pudding: This delicious classic recipe is great to make ahead. Dollop with lots of extra whipped cream and vanilla wafers!