It’s football season again…meaning my husband (going to have to get used to calling the dude my “husband”…so wonderfully weird, lol) is back to managing my fantasy team, plus Sunday Fundays with friends will now center around the television with food, lots of food. Today we have a tasty little “football snack” of Pizza Stuffed Breadsticks! I mean pizza + breadsticks are a pretty classic combo, so we just mushed them together!….and we stuck to good ol’ pepperoni pizza bc YUM, plus things like this shouldn’t be that complicated or fussy.
So whether you’re into football or not you’re definitely into pizza, right?? I mean it’s PIZZA! So make these stuffed breadsticks and serve them to loved ones, because they deserve it. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Pizza Stuffed Breadsticks
- 16 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- “Everything” seasoning
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll dough out to a 12”x18” rectangle.
- Lightly drizzle the surface of the dough with tomato sauce and evenly spread onto a thin layer. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and Parmesan on only half of the dough and top the cheese with pepperoni.
- Top pepperoni with the remaining cheese and minced oregano and carefully fold the half of the dough with just tomato sauce on top of the other half of the dough.
- Firmly press the open sides with the back of a fork to seal the sides shut.
- Cut the dough into long sticks and carefully transfer onto a baking sheet, gently twisting each stick as you transfer them.
- Top each stuffed breadstick with extra Parmesan and “everything” topping and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is bubbling out of the sides.
- Allow breadsticks to cool, about 10 minutes. Serve with a side of tomato sauce, ranch dressing or garlic butter.