Hi! Today we have a nice fall recipe for you that is kind of a mash up of my favorite hot dip: spinach and artichoke, but we added some noodles to make it into mac and cheese. Mac and cheese is a cold weather staple, and this is such a yummy version of the classic. You could also try our popular pumpkin mac and cheese too. :)
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Baked Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 4 ounces hredded fontina cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed with excess water squeezed out
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Lightly grease a 13”x9” baking dish and set aside.
- Place butter into a medium pot and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and stir together to create a roux. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in milk and continue to stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in cream cheese and continue to stir until no lumps remain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheeses, 2 ounces at a time, until fully incorporated and mixture is smooth. Stir in the spinach and adjust seasonings.
- Place cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl and pour spinach-cheese sauce over. Stir together until all the pasta is well coated. Fold in the quartered artichoke hearts and adjust seasonings.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with extra shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly browned on top.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, scoop and serve.