Today we have a bit of a summer staple recipe for you, our Creamy Potato Salad. We added some hard boiled eggs for protein and to make this super filling. This would be ideal for one of those meals when you only have enough time to make one side. This is such a simple side dish that won’t take too much time to make, but will yield a really delicious result. This recipe has just the perfect proportion of mayo to potato, so things don’t get too mayo-y if you know what I am saying. That just ruins potato salads. This recipe is really just a good staple to keep around and make whenever you need that bonus filling side dish. We used Farmers Garden by Vlasic Pickle chips diced up to give this salad some crunch, as well as some chives and shallots for a little edge. Guys, this is really the perfect potato salad for summer. Enjoy!
Creamy Potato Salad
Serves 5 to 7
2 lbs. baby red potatoes, washed
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/3 cup diced Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickle chips (5 to 7)
3 tablespoons diced shallot
1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
2 teaspoons minced oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon pure cane sugar (granulated is fine)
1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
1. Place potatoes into a large pot. Boil potatoes in generously salted water until fork tender, then drain.
2. Transfer 1/3 of the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash until creamy.
3. Once remaining potatoes are cool enough to handle, quarter and add to the bowl of mashed potatoes.
4. Add boiled eggs, pickles, shallots, chives, oregano, salt, and pepper to the bowl and gently fold together.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and pour into the potato mixture.
6. Fold dressing into the potato mixture until completely combined.
7. Cover and place mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Remove from refrigerator, adjust seasoning and serve.