4th of July is almost here so we wanted to share with you this recipe for a huge Blueberry Slab Pie. This is easy to transport because you can literally just keep it on the baking sheet, which is very helpful if you’re going to be traveling! This is recipe is super simple, the filling is really easy, just make sure you’r blueberries are nice and sweet and then this pie will be a hit for sure. :) Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Blueberry Slab Pie
cream cheese pie dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, cold and cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ice cold water
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup superfine sugar granulated is fine
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoons white sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For dough: Place flour, salt, baking powder, butter, and cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until a fine meal forms. While pulsing, add water and vinegar and continue to pulse until dough forms. Dump dough onto a clean surface and form into a disc. Tightly cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll dough out into a 12”x12” square, about ⅛-¼ inch thick.
- Transfer dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- For filling: Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss together.
- To assemble: Fill one side of dough with filling, leaving a ½ inch border around the edge. Lightly egg wash perimeter and fold the unfilled side over. Firmly press edges together with a fork and score the top of the pie to allow steam to escape while baking. Brush top with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Allow pie to cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving.
- *Makes 1 Pie