While the work piles up, and time off is non-existent, staying sane for me happens with the little things. Here are some of my little things:
1. Do something that makes you feel pretty. Pluck those eyebrows or braid your hair, or wear some neat jewelry.
2. If you have a spare moment, Google pictures of somewhere you want to go. My latest go to Google image search is camping in a tee pee.
3. Look at A Cozy Kitchen’s Cute Animal pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/acozykitchen/cute-animals/
4. Draw doodles. My favorite doodle is looking at someone, drawing his or her face without looking at the paper or lifting up the pen.
5. Think about how much cooler life is going to be once Downton Abbey returns.
6. Take baths. They are awesome and relaxing and I don’t think most people do it enough.
Ok you guys. We have some crazy delicious Banana Bread for you today. Do you see its one recipe three ways? Throughout the week we will be posting two more recipes that utilize banana bread in other crazy amazing combinations. So keep a look out. We hope you love them!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
Makes 1 (9”) loaf or 5 (3”) loaves
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 medium (over-ripe) bananas
2 1/2 tablespoons buttermilk (regular milk is fine)
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 chocolate chips
2/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mash bananas with milk. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add mix in eggs, one at a time.
4. Stir in the vanilla, followed by the banana mixture, until just combined.
5. Stir in flour mixture until just combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
6. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and add batter.
7. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
8. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.