It’s been really humid lately, which is very uncharacteristic for LA, and I really hate it. Everything just feels so wet/moist and it’s the worst. I’ve been trying to keep cool in my apartment though and one of the ways I’m doing it is with these palomas. I love how refreshing this cocktail is and it only requires a few ingredients! It’s totally worth it to squeeze your own grapefruit juice from a couple of ripe grapefruits; it really makes a huge difference and doesn’t take much time to do.
These palomas are my light and refreshing cocktail of choice for this summer season. Do you guys have a go to drink for these hot summer days? I’d love to hear about it! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
More drink recipes you like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
- sea salt flakes
- 2 pink grapefruits, juiced (about 12 ounces)
- 6 ounces tequila of choice
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- seltzer water
- fresh mint leaves
- lime wedges
- Salt rim: Spread a thin layer of honey onto a plate. Place a thin layer of sea salt onto another plate (mix with grapefruit zest, if desired). Turn each glass upside down and place into the honey followed by the salt until all the rims have been salted. Fill each glass with ice and set aside.
- Pour half the grapefruit juice, lime juice and tequila into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake for one minute.
- Pour the mixture into two of the glasses and repeat with the remaining liquid and glasses.
- Top each cocktail off with about 3 ounces of seltzer water. Garnish the cocktail with mint leaves and a lime wedge. Serve.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
Oh man I love palomas/greyhounds with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, and I can’t have any this summer because I’m pregnant! I usually make mine by the pitcher with grapefruit, the juice of one lemon, tequila, club soda and simple syrup if needed. I get dangerously close to a 1:1 ratio of juice to tequila (or vodka), although I guess the club soda dilutes it a little?!? My pregnancy substitute is grapefruit juice, a squeeze of lemon, rosemary simple syrup and club soda. Oh and if I could drink right now, I would also indulge in some Pimm’s cups. Bon Appetit has a great recipe, although I tend to spruce it up with some ginger liqueur and a mix of gins, such as Hendrix and Death’s Door.
Sarah from Soymilk + Honey
We’re down here in SD and the humidity is killing us! We’re such wusses when it comes to weather. We’ve been mixing up marionberry mojitos to keep cool, but I think we’ll have to mix it up with one of these this weekend since they look fantastic. Love the photos too!
LOVE marionberries! The mojitos sound so good!
My Dish is Bomb
My favourite thing about most cocktails is the rim. There’s a local restaurant around here that does a chili salt rim and it’s amazing. Yours sounds great with the honey and the grapefruit zest and I’m definitely going to try this soon!
I don’t usually like tequila drinks, but this looks delicious! My summer go-to is either a shandy or wine mixed with those fruity San Pellegrino sodas. So refreshing!