Since we’re still in the thick of citrus season we’re totally taking advantage! Today we have a SUPER simple mixed citrus and fennel frond salad. I know, I know…been there, done that…but seriously, there’s nothing more I love to eat during the winter months then all the citrus I can possibly consume. Also, with citrus and fennel, you can’t go wrong, ya know?!
One thing that I’ve done to spice this up just a little is that I’ve been brushing a thin layer of dijon mustard on the plate before adding the citrus. It just adds a touch of flavor and spice to the mix. I’m pretty into it. This is a great time of year to explore all the fun citruses that you can’t necessarily find year round. I’m pretty into oroblancos right now; I love how mild and sweet they are. In a pinch for a last minute dish to bring to a potluck or get together? Whip up this super fresh and easy mixed citrus and fennel salad! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
More citrus recipes you might like:
- Dehydrated Citrus Wheels
- Mini Citrus Pavlovas
- Blood Orange and Beets over Honeyed Yogurt
- Citrus Seared Scallops
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Mixed Citrus and Fennel Salad
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tangelo, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 oroblanco, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 blood orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- ¼ cup crushed macadamia nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dijon mustard, optional
- Brush a large, flat plate with Dijon mustard. Arrange citrus wheels in a single layer and top with fennel fronds, macadamia nuts, salt and pepper. Serve.