It’s hard not to get excited about citrus season. Not only are the bajillion varieties so pretty, but they make everything smell so lovely. Today we have our Blood Orange and Beet Salad over Honeyed Yogurt. I’m generally not a sweet breakfast person, so I’ll go for things like eggs, avocado toast, breakfast burritos over cinnamon rolls, french toast and pancakes any day. I love all those things, but it’s hard for me to start my day off on a sugar high. If I am going to do something sweet, I’ll generally go for something like this dish. It’s naturally sweet from the blood oranges, with just a hint of added sweetness from the honey. I love this dish so much as a morning sweet treat, or even as a guiltless dessert. It’s simple, clean and pretty refreshing; perfect for an early Valentine’s Day breakfast this weekend. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Blood Orange and Beet Salad with Honeyed Yogurt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 blood oranges, sliced into 1/2″ inch wheels with the skin removed
- 4 small red beets, roasted peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pour yogurt and honey into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Spread mixture onto a large platter and top with blood oranges and beets.
- Sprinkle dish with almonds and poppy seeds. Serve.