If you’re not convinced that acorn squash is all that delicious then at least love it for the fact that it’s called “acorn squash” because it looks like a big acorn…now that’s just cute.
Maple Glazed Roasted Acorn Squash
Serves 4 to 6
1 acorn squash, seeded and sliced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup, warmed
salt and pepper to taste
fried sage leaves, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place squash sliced onto a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with alt and pepper and gently toss together.
3. Sprinkle tops of squash with brown sugar.
4. Roast squash for 35 to 40 minutes occasionally tossing around, gently, to avoid sticking.
5. 7 to 10 minutes before roasting is completely, brush a small amount of maple syrup over each piece of squash and finish roasting.
6. Top with fried sage, if using, and serve warm.