Chocking warning for you on this one. I seriously can inhale this stuff like it’s nobody’s business. When I eat junk food I totally go for the munchies mix. I assume everyone else will agree that the pretzels are stupid, and just ruin the mix. The pretzels are filler and we all know it. Yet, I still kind of like them. So in our version, our pretzels are goldfish so it’s not as much of a filler in this situation as just a different texture. This is kind of complex snack mix in that we have a lot of ingredients, but I think sometimes you just have to go for it knowing the results are worth it. I recommend justifying it by just making more and more snack mix and then eating it. This is seriously our best ever snack mix, and it’s just as wonderful as you can imagine. Just be careful, as I have learned it’s called “snack” mix for a reason, and you should still attempt to eat real food.
Here are some more snack recipes we also love:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Our Best Ever Snack Mix
- 1 ½ cups checkered squares rice cereal (such as rice Chex cereal)
- 1 ½ cups checkered squares wheat cereal (such as wheat Chex cereal)
- 1 ½ cups puffed corn cereal (such as Kix cereal)
- 1 ½ cups white cheddar cheese square crackers (such as white cheddar Cheez-It)
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1 cup lightly salted and roasted cashews
- 1 cup whole grain O’s cereal (such as Cheerios)
- 1 cup pretzel sticks or fish (such as pretzel Goldfish)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250˚F.
- Place first 8 ingredients into a large mixing bowl and gently toss together.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour butter mixture over snack mixture and fold together until fully incorporated.
- Divide and spread mixture between two sheet pans, into a single layer and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hr and 20 minutes, stirring each pan every 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pans from oven and allow mixture to cool completely. Serve or store in airtight containers and keep in a cool, dry place. Snack mix will stay fresh for about 2 weeks.
- *Makes 8 cups
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
Last summer while celebrating our 50th anniversary we stayed at a cute little boutique hotel in Montreal. The bar’s snack mix looked similar but they actually added cheetos. I LOVE cheetos so may sub those in for the pretzels.
Julie @ HostessAtHeart
I know what you mean inhaling a snack and had to laugh. You have a very nice website!
I do not like the pretzels either, so the pretzel goldfish sound much better…thus mix sounds fabulous…definitely going to try!!!
Phillip || SouthernFATTY.com
I make something similiar for every road trip. It usually seems to only last to the end of the driveway! Looks great!
Christina @ but i'm hungry
I think this might be just a little TOO dangerous in my house! ;)
Love snack mixes! thanks for sharing this one!
Katie | The Surly Housewife
I love a good snack mix. This looks delish! Pinned :)
Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking
Those fishies are calling my name!!!
this looks amazing! we have a party coming up and this recipe would make for a great mingling starter!
Pretzels in snack mix are the worst. Rye/Sourdough Chips FTW
can you share your resource for the adorable little wooden bowls and paper liner?
Hi! I just love them, too, and found this website:
They’re actually little baking pans! You can probably find them on other websites, as well, but this is a start.
I love snack mixes too! There’s just something about the crunch factor for me I have to have. I’ve made my own as well, but I like the pretzel goldfish for that little pretzel addition. Hot n spicy cheese-its would be yummy too. I think it’s time to gather ingredients soon and make this!
I like the cashews. This would be a nice snack mix to give away during the holidays.
Christine [from-The Lion's Den]
Yum! Perfect for company or a quiet movie night at home!
Jamie | Jamie's Recipes
Yes to the snack mix! For some reason I prefer to have the small pretzel sticks in my snack mix but I am sure the pretzel goldfish would be fabulous.