If you have not yet, or don’t know the everything seasoning at trader joes is the best and you can put it on literally everything and it makes it good. I am a big fan of adding it to eggs. Inspired by this everything seasoning we decided to make Everything Seasoning Caramelized Onion Dip. This dip is kind of like your classic onion dip, but because of the seasoning it’s better! We paired it with really cute mini bagels which you can find at most grocery stores and a bunch of pretty veg. This dip is also really good with tortilla chips and fritos (fritos are also one of those things that are good with everything). Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Everything Seasoning and Caramelized Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 'everything' seasoning
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- toasted mini bagels
- Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and melt butter.
- Add onions and lightly caramelize for 13 to 15 minutes. Or until onions are translucent.
- Raise heat to medium and continue to caramelize for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper and stir together.
- Remove onions from heat and transfer to a food processor. Allow onions to cool, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise to food processor and pulse until mixture is fully combined and onions have been minced into the dip.
- Scrape down sides of the well and add ‘everything’ seasoning. Pulse a few more times, until mixture has just combined. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, as needed.
- To serve warm, transfer dip to a serving bowl and serve with serving suggestions, such as a variety of crudité, mini bagels, crostini, and crackers.
- To serve cold, transfer dip to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Remove dip from refrigerator, uncover and serve with serving suggestions.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups Dip