Hey! Did everyone have a good weekend? Even though I was super busy I actually had a pretty nice little weekend. One of my favorite parts was brunching with the boyfriend at Gum Tree; a great Aussie inspired cafe in the South Bay. We sat outside because the weather was great, the food was great, and the people watched was great. I LOVE people watching. It’s such a great way to relax and sort of get lost in thought. Sometimes we’ll make up random and funny stories about the people passing by, just to entertain ourselves. Nerdy, yes. Entertaining, absolutely.
Anyway, Tuesday is Valentine’s Day and this is the perfect shake to make a loved one or even just for yourself as a decadent sweet treat. Not only is this milkshake awesome because it’s pretty and pink, but also because it has actual poundcake in it. Oh, and the roasted strawberries…totally awesome and delicious. Roasting them adds depth to this fun dessert. So regardless of what you do this Valentine’s Day, make sure to include this tasty and super simple shake into a part of your day! Seriously. Enjoy, all! xx Jenny
Here are some more yummy strawberry recipes:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Shakes
- 1 ½ pounds strawberries, cleaned, stemmed and hulled
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ to 2 cups store bought pound cake, cubed
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream, slightly melted
- 1 cup milk
- sweetened whipped cream
- pound cake crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place strawberries, vinegar and sugar in large bowl and toss together.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, in a single layer, and drizzle with oil.
- Roast strawberries for about 20 to 25 minutes, until slightly shriveled and beginning to juice (you’re lightly roasting the strawberries).
- Allow strawberries to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Pour strawberries, pound cake, ice cream, and milk into a blender, cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pound cake crumbs. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
In love with this recipe _ linking back to it today :)