Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone had a very filling Thanksgiving. I am super pumped about Christmas / Holiday season. I am the person who gets the Christmas stuff out the day after Thanksgiving, and I get really excited when I see ornaments at Rite Aid. Then you know it’s all really happening. This year, we are going to really bring it with some yummy cookie recipes for you guys, as well as some gift giving make your own – do it yourself- situations. So get ready. First up are these Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treat Cookies. Like most of you, I am a really big fan of rice krispies treats. So making them into cookies with chocolate was kinda a no brainer. Super yum. The rice krispies make the cookies amazingly chewy, and the chunks of marshmallow and chocolate are awesome little flavor pockets as you eat your way through. Hope you all enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treat Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
1 cup (2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon molasses
2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars. Scrape down sides of the bowl and mix in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Add vanilla and molasses and continue to beat together.
4. In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir together until completely mixed together, but do not overmix.
5. Fold in the cereal, chocolate chips and marshmallows until fully incorporated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
6. Drop 2 1/2 tablespoon sized dollops onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, about 1 inch apart from one another (the cookies will spread).
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies have just begun to brown.
8. Allow cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.