I’m really excited that spring is finally here, but it’s also a little hard to believe that we’re almost into April this year! This year has flown by like crazy, hasn’t it?! We’re celebrating the first day of spring with these ‘springy themed’ White Chocolate Dipped Cookies. They’re simple to make and are super cute, so they’re great to bring to a pot luck or party sitch and they can also make cute little DIY gifts for a number of different occasions.
You can also switch up the toppings which is nice and really opens these guys up to a ton of different possibilities. I really like the white chocolate coating for these cookies because it hard sets nicely in a way that buttercream doesn’t and I think it totally tastes better than royal icing, but if you prefer royal icing that also totally work too since it also hard sets. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
White Chocolate Dipped Butter Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- ⅔ cup crushed pistachios
- ⅔ cup thinly sliced strips candied citrus
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream together butter and sugar.
- Add milk, egg and vanilla and continue to mix. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix until evenly blended and a dough forms.
- Divide dough into two discs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a clean surface. Roll out 1 disc of dough to ⅛ inch thickness. Using a 3 inch round cutter punch out 20 cookies.
- Transfer cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart. (you will need multiple baking sheets or will need to do it in batches)
- Bake cookies for 9 to 12 minutes or until cookies barely begin to brown around the edges.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 7 through 10.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, carefully dip the tops of each cookie, a few at a time into the white chocolate, shaking off any excess, until you have a thin and even layer (you can also pour a small amount of the melted white chocolate onto the center of the cookie and spread an even layer over the surface using a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon).
- While the chocolate is still wet, top each cookie with a sprinkle of each freeze dried strawberries pieces and crushed pistachios and a couple strips of candied citrus.
- Repeat until all cookies have been dressed. Allow all cookies to set completely, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve.
- *Makes 40 Cookies
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
Birthday Chocolates Delivery
wow, what a wonderful and easy recipe. The pics are so wonderful.
perfect treat to make. yummy
I want the gingersnap/chocolate covered marshmellow cookie!I click on it’s picture & something else comes up.
Rocky Mountain Woman
Perfect for Easter. So elegant.
Can you tell us where you got the freeze dried strawberries?
Hi! I know you can get them at Trader Joes!!
Karen’s Naturals brand is the best!
Cereal aisle in your grocery store usually
What an alluring cookie idea. I never had such an exquisite cookie. Pictures itself says how tasty it would be. Thanks for sharing .
So cute ! Perfect Spring treat ! Thank you !