We love Warm German Potato Salad. It’s a nice change from the more typical creamy version. The bright and tangy whole ground mustard vinaigrette pairs so well with the mild and creamy potatoes. Yum! We love serving these potatoes alongside so many things. Some of our favorites are Bbq Baby Back Ribs, Slow Cooker Bbq Beef Brisket and Spatchcock Chicken.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Warm German Potato Salad
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced sage
- 1/2 minced shallot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with water. Add a handful of salt to the pot and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 14 to 18 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place all ingredients, except 1/2 tablespoon thyme, into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour vinaigrette over warm potatoes and gently fold together until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss together.
- Sprinkle reserved thyme over potato salad and serve.