I feel like this cocktail is really important to know how to make. This Simple Bloody Mary recipe should actually be called “Breakfast and hangover cure in a glass.” When the holidays come around everyone is boozing it up, lots of hangovers at our house anyway. Bloody Marys are some what of a tradition for me when it comes to this time of the year. It’s funny because the first time I had a Bloody Mary I thought it was really gross. I think it’s the kind of drink you like when you get older. Like coffee, or scotch on the rocks, or brussels sprouts. Now I love them in all their spicy tomato-ness glory. So if you have never made one at home, do yourself a favor and prep by getting all the ingredients before you have a big night out. Thank me later.
Hungry for more?
Simple Bloody Mary
- 24 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces vodka
- picked peppers (or your choice)
- Place all ingredients except vodka into a large pitcher and stir together.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and pour 2 ounces vodka to each glass. Top each glass with tomato juice mixture and stir until well combined. Finish each cocktail with a pickled pepper and serve.