Here are some other recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
Simple Blackberry Jam
- 5 cups blackberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 ½ to 4 cups sugar
- 2 sheets gelatin
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Mash blackberries, lemon zest and juice, and water in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add sugar, stir and mash the berries again.
- Simmer for 20 minutes before bringing the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Meanwhile, soak gelatin sheets in ice water until pliable.
- When the berries comes to a boil stir gelatin sheets into the mixture and boil for an additional 3-4 minutes before bringing back down to a simmer.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pour the jam into a clean canning jars and place in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cans from heat, dry off and set aside to cool completely.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- *Makes 4 to 5 cups
- * 1 serving = 1 tablespoon