Simple delicious pasta. This Pappardelle Pasta with a Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce is really beautiful. Simple, no fuss, no screw up, delicious recipes. I love this one because you can use all those cherry tomatoes before they go bad. I know sometimes I have the best intentions to eat a ton of cherry tomatoes, and the cartons full of colorful cherry tomatoes are irresistible in the market. They are so pretty. That is what makes this recipe such a great one to have in your repertoire! Use up those cherry tomatoes before they go bad. You can even freeze this sauce to use it when you are ready.
Looking for more ways to use up all your tomatoes? Here are some of our favorites:
Interested in pasta recipes?! Click below for more!
Hungry for more?
Parpardelle Pasta with a Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 1 garlic clove, lightly smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with the juices
- 1 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 pound fresh parpardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot up to a boil.
- Season with a generous amount of salt and add pasta. Stir.
- Cook until al dente, about 4 to 5 minutes for fresh pasta and 8 to 10 for dry.
- Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water, and gently toss pasta with olive oil. Set aside.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, thyme, garlic and olive oil onto a baking sheet and toss together.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Pour half of the cherry tomatoes into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the remaining cherry tomatoes into a blender with the canned tomatoes, basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and stir in the red wine.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sauce, pasta and pasta water together and finish with remaining roasted tomatoes and chopped basil. Serve warm.