Hey guys! Today we have a few versions of non-rice krispies (cereal) treats! I love rice krispies treats, but I love and prefer using cereals aside from rice krispies. We have a simple browned butter, thyme and corn pop treat, a freeze-dried strawberry, white chocolate crispy ball and kix treat, and finally a dark chocolate, butterscotch and corn chex treat! These are just some of my favorite marshmallow cereal treats combination, but you can use whatever cereal and mix-ins you want. Just make sure to stay within the ratios given for the marshmallows, butter, cereal, and mix-ins to make sure you get a perfectly chewy, sticky and crunchy treat! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
More marshmallow treats you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Marshmallow Cereal Treats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag marshmallows or 12 ounces homemade marshmallows
- 5 ½ cups cereal of your choice
- 1 cup mix-ins of choice and/or 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs or spices of choice
- Lightly grease and 8”x 8” baking dish and set aside.
- Place butter in a large pot and melt over medium heat. Once butter has fully melted, stir in marshmallows and continue to stir until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and add cereal.
- Mix together until well blended and no dry spots remain. Fold in mix-in ingredients and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Smooth the surface of the cereal mixture and allow treats to set, about 1 hour.
- Cut out 9 even squares and serve.
- Makes 1 8”x 8” baking dish