Hey guys! Today we have a few versions of non-rice krispies (cereal) treats! I love rice krispies treats, but I love and prefer using cereals aside from rice krispies. We have a simple browned butter, thyme and corn pop treat, a freeze-dried strawberry, white chocolate crispy ball and kix treat, and finally a dark chocolate, butterscotch and corn chex treat! These are just some of my favorite marshmallow cereal treats combination, but you can use whatever cereal and mix-ins you want. Just make sure to stay within the ratios given for the marshmallows, butter, cereal, and mix-ins to make sure you get a perfectly chewy, sticky and crunchy treat! Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Marshmallow Cereal Treats
Makes 1 8”x 8” baking dish
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (10.5 ounce) bag marshmallows (or 12 ounces homemade marshmallows)
5 1/2 cups cereal of your choice
1 cup mix-ins of choice and/or 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs or spices of choice
1. Lightly grease and 8”x 8” baking dish and set aside.
2. Place butter in a large pot and melt over medium heat. Once butter has fully melted, stir in marshmallows and continue to stir until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and add cereal.
3. Mix together until well blended and no dry spots remain. Fold in mix-in ingredients and pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. Smooth the surface of the cereal mixture and allow treats to set, about 1 hour.
5. Cut out 9 even squares and serve.