Continuing with our Traditional Thanksgiving Spread week, today we have an easy green bean side dish. These Lightly Roasted Green Beans are a really simple recipe which we love because we all know how complicated making Thanksgiving can be. As a kid, I never did eat very many vegetables (I was a total brat). I did however always love those green bean casseroles with the mushroom stuff and the onions on top. As I grew up though, I kind of lost my taste for the mushy green beans (I’ll still eat em though!) in favor of cooked but still snappy green beans. So this recipe is perfect for that. Lightly roasted, and then topped with a parmesan almond crumble. Yum. I love the crunch that the almond gives this dish. Stayed tuned because we have another side dish coming up this week that I am in love with!
More vegetable sides you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Lightly Roasted Green Beans (topped with a parmesan-almond crumble)
- ¾ cup crushed slivered almonds
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds French green beans regular green beans are just fine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- For parmesan-almond crumble: Pour almonds into a skillet and lightly toast over medium-low heat. Once almonds begin to toast, sprinkle with parmesan and quickly stir (parmesan will begin to melt right away, so be sure to stir the mixture frequently so the cheese doesn’t burn). Once mixture has toasted and melted, 3 to 4 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- For green beans: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Toss green beans in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Spread seasoned green beans onto a large baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until the green beans begin to soften and char. Remove from heat, adjust seasonings and top with parmesan-almond crumble. Serve.