Aromatic Roasted Root Vegetables
- ½ pound fingerling potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 heirloom carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled, cut in ½ and each ½ cut into ¼’s
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, and red onions in a large bowl and toss together.
- With the side of a knife, gently smash each clove of garlic and add it to the bowl of vegetables.
- Add the herbs and olive oil to the vegetables and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the seasoned vegetables onto a large roasting pan and spread in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. (Gently stirring the vegetables halfway through the cooking time) Serve.