Valentines Day is just a little over a week away and we have a recipe that’s perfect for the special night! It’s our Crispy Chicken Thighs in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce! This recipe is perfect for any couples staying in for the night, or for a small group of friends staying in together, or even if you’re just spending a lovely and quiet night in alone, this recipe is really for everyone (well everyone who eats chicken, lol).
I’ve lightened things up a bit here by replacing the heavy cream for the sauce with greek yogurt. I really love using yogurt as a cream alternative and it works great as a sub in this recipe. I also like the slight tangy flavor the yogurt adds to the sauce! This recipe is really simple and comes together within 45 minutes. You can serve it along side roasted vegetables or a bed of mashed potatoes (yum!). Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Ingredients: fresh thyme leaves, garnish Directions:
Crispy Chicken Thighs in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon minced thyme
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 cup unsalted (or low sodium) chicken stock
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot add oil.
3. Season chicken well with salt and pepper and add chicken, skin-side down to skillet.
4. Sear chicken thighs for 5 to 6 minutes or until skin has browned.
5. Flip chicken and cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. Remove thighs from skillet and set aside.
6. Melt butter in skillet and saute mushrooms, garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and continue to saute for an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Deglaze skillet with white wine, until pan is almost dry, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
8. Stir in mustard and stock, lower heat to medium and simmer until stock has reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Stir yogurt into sauce until fully incorporated. Adjust seasonings, if needed.
10. Nestle chicken thighs, skin-side up, into the mushroom sauce and place skillet into oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken cooks through.
11. Remove from heat and whisk in a little more stock to thin sauce, if needed. Serve.
fresh thyme leaves, garnish