Summertime means lots of BBQs, which also means lots of little potluck type weekends. I always stress about what I should make, because I just want to make sure it’s yummy, but also looks pretty and is generally easy to make. So here we have your go to bring along potluck side dish – our Loaded Farfalle Pasta Salad. It’s easy enough to throw together, it tastes good, and it’s really pretty. Use those cute heirloom tomatoes you keep seeing at the store! It’s one of those salads that just pairs well with everything. Also, the little mozzarella balls are my favorite. Happy summer BBQing! :)
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil Directions: **This can be made a day in advance, but make sure to wait until at least a couple hours before serving to toss in the avocado and tomatoes.
Loaded Farfalle Pasta Salad
Serves 3 to 4
8 ounces mini farfalle pasta (regular farfalle is fine too)
1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 shallot (about 2 tablespoons), minced
4 small tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
charred corn kernels from 2 cobs
12-16 fresh mozzarella balls
Fresh basil leaves
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a small handful of salt followed by pasta and cook until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. While pasta cooks, make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stirring together. Set aside.
3. Transfer cooked pasta to a colander to drain. Run under cold water until pasta is no longer warm to the touch.
4. Pour pasta into the bowl with the dressing and toss together until well coated.
5. Add remaining ingredients and toss together. Adjust seasonings and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
**This can be made a day in advance, but make sure to wait until at least a couple hours before serving to toss in the avocado and tomatoes.