Hungry for more?
Spiced Blood Orange Champagne Punch
- 3 cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice or store bought 100% blood orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (500ml) bottle brut champagne, chilled
- Place the blood orange juice, sugar, cinnamon and star anise in a small pot and bring to a boil, over medium-high heat.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium/medium-low and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the mixture is still hot, stir in the white wine until completely combined. Allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator to chill, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, place 3 tablespoons of the blood orange mixture into the bottom of each glass and top with chilled champagne (about ½ way to 2/3 of the way full). Serve!