How was everyone’s Easter weekend? I had people over to watch Game of Thrones, made paella and saltine panna cotta. I also forced my guests to eat crazy totally disgusting Jelly Bellys. If you don’t already know, Jelly Bellys has this product called “Bean Boozled,” where in they basically have twin jelly beans. One is the good delicious twin, and the other is the evil disgusting twin. They look the exact same, so if you get a gross one then you have been bean boozled. I said this all night in my best impression of Joey from Friends when he is auditioning to be a game show host for a game called bamboozle. It was fun. Let me just tell you, the gross flavors are totally totally so disgusting. I think the worst is barf, jelly belly nailed the acidity in that one. I would have loved to be in the room while their flavor scientists were taste testing. We had some left over boxes and I tried to convince my boyfriend to bring them into work and leave them in a dish in the kitchen for April fools. He didn’t. Probably because he is a really nice guy, and I would have totally done it because I am mean.
Gross Jelly Bellys have nothing to do with this cute little drink we have. Do you like the pear star? It is really easy to make. I am also very into bubbly drinks. Jenny is a huge bubbly drink fan, and whenever we go out for lunch we now both get something bubbly. It is so nice in the middle of the afternoon because it’s not some crazy heavy sugar thing. Bookmark this Pear & Bubbles cocktail for Mothers Day. Drink up!
More champagne cocktails you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Pear & Bubbles
- 6 bosc pears, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cardamom
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 (750ml) bottle sparkling wine or Champagne, chilled
- 1 bosc pear
- Preheat broiler to low setting.
- Place pears, sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom onto a baking sheet and toss together until pear is well coated.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until pears begin to caramelized.
- Pour mixture into a blender and add lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
- Strain mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour.
- Divide pear juice between six glasses and top each with sparkling wine/champagne. Top with pear-flower garnish and serve.
- For garnish: Using a ¼ inch melon baller, scoop out six small balls (skin-on)from one side of the pear. Set aside.
- Slice a ¼ inch slice from the remaining sides of the pears. Place each slice cutside down onto a cutting board and thinly slice. Pierce three or four of the thin pear slices, and finish with a pear ball.
Did you make this recipe? We want to see!
tag @SpoonForkBacon and #SpoonForkBacon on Instagram
How far in advance can you make the pear mixture? Will it keep for a day or two or is it best made immediately before serving the drink?
This looks phenomenal! Where can I find those glasses??
You can find these guys everywhere!…crate and barrel, cost plus world market, amazon, etc!
Annie @ ciaochowbambina
Your photo drew me in…your recipe kept me here! Beautiful!
OMG sooo cute!! Loves it!!
Erin @ The Speckled Palate
The whole concept of bean boozle-ing just sounds awful. Only one of the two tasting good? No, thank you.
However, this drink sounds delightful, and I *have* bookmarked it for Mother’s Day. Done and done. Thanks, ladies!
I have a batch of pears that I will be using for this. love myself a pear cocktail!
thanks for sharing.
YUM! I love pear cocktails
Gerry @ Foodness Gracious
Pears and bubbles need to be placed inside my tummy…
this looks dangerously delicious! like i could drink a whole vat..
Bev @ Bev Cooks
I want pear and bubbles!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
Love, love, love, that topper! This looks and sounds outstanding!
This looks amazing! And the photos are so beautiful <3
Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking
You’ve been bamboozled! That little pear star is soooo cute! You fancy! I too watched the Game of Thrones premiere. It was ok. I know they are building up to a lot of stuff, so that’s ok.
Abby @ The Frosted Vegan
Soo fizzy and awesome!
Oh my god I love Friends! I watched the video-thanks for the laugh! I miss that show! :(
The jelly beans sound so fun-they remind me of the “Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans” from Harry Potter!
This drink looks amazing! I LOVE champagne. Mmmmmm
This looks absolutely gorgeous. I can practically taste it through the screen!
Love the pear star. The evil twin jelly bean…not so much. Happy Easter!