It occurred to me that we don’t have a pumpkin pie recipe on the blog. Pumpkin pie is my favorite pie on earth. It is so good that I even think pumpkin pie from Vons is good. I like pumpkin pie that much. I have done variations upon variations with pumpkin pie, and I still like a pretty normal filling. What I do like to experiment with is the crust. Ginger snap, vanilla wafers, or in this case chocolate! With the experimentation of crust I now have a new favorite pan, which is a tart shell pan. I love this way because when you finish baking and cooling and finally take it our of the pan you can see the beautiful crust. It is just so impressive! So today we are sharing with you a delicious and creamy Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Crust. I love the addition of chocolate. It just makes this pie that much more exciting. I hope you guys enjoy my most favorite pie ever!
More recipes you might like:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Crust
- 14 ounces chocolate wafers, finely ground
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (28 ounce) can pumpkin puree OR 2 ½ cups fresh roasted pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
sweetened whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- shaved milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- For crust: In a large bowl mix together the chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter until fully incorporated. Press the mixture into a 9” pie dish or tart shell, pressing both evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Place onto a baking sheet and then into the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For filing: Place pumpkin puree in a bowl and add the remaining filling ingredients. Stir together until fully incorporated and no lumps remain. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and carefully set into the lowest rack of the oven. Bake for 55 to 70 minutes or until the filling has set, but is slightly loose in the middle.
- Allow pie to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- For sweetened cream: Pour cream, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat together using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- To serve: Generously top pie with whipped cream and finish with chocolate shavings.
- *Makes 1 (9 inch) pie