Hi! We are re posting this delicious for the weekend. It’s the perfect entertaining recipe, and a fun twist on Elote, our Elote Bruschetta! I love this recipe and I plan on making it this weekend for some friends. If you want to get extra crazy – add a layer of smashed avocado before topping it with the corn – it’s amazing. Also – this is great with eggs the next morning if you have leftovers. :)
This recipe was originally posted on May 22nd, 2017.
Elote is seriously one of my favorite things about summertime. Fresh, sweet, juicy corn is everywhere this time of year and it’s just way too easy to slather the cobs up with creamy mayo and then drench them in a crumbly, cheesy mixture, ya know? Seriously, who invented Elote? Who was the first person that thought it would be a good idea to wrap corn in a creamy, cheesy mixture and then finish them with a spicy kick? What a genius idea.
Anyway, we decided to take one of our favorite summer treats and combine it with another one of our favorite summer treats and created our Elote Bruschetta! This recipe is so simple, but still really, really tasty. It has all the flavors of elote served on a crisp piece of toast and it’s the perfect summer appetizer. If you’re getting together with friends and family this weekend, this easy, inexpensive and delicious snack is a total crowd pleaser. If you love elote as much as we do, you’ll love our Elote Queso Dip.
Hungry for more?
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 2 ounces crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chile pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 (1/2” thick) crostini
- Place corn under broiler and rotate ever 30 seconds or until each side begins to blister and char.
- Slice kernels off of cobs and place into a mixing bowl, discarding cobs.
- Add to the mixing bowl with the corn, the cotija, Parmesan, cilantro, lime zest and juice, and ¼ cup mayonnaise and stir together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place all spices for spice blend into a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- To assemble: Spread a small amount of mayonnaise onto each crostini and sprinkle with the spice blend.
- Top each prepared crostini with a spoonful of the corn mixture and serve immediately.
- *Makes 24 crostini