I’ve really been enjoying this weather we’ve had over in LA this past week; sunny and cool, but still warm enough to go gallivanting around in a cute spring dress, if you so desired. My boyfriend and I have been trying to savor the good weather and grill most of our meals. Last week, we cooked up cilantro, lime and yogurt marinated grilled wings with a Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic marinade and it was delicious
I’ll admit I’m not the biggest wing person and when I do make and eat them I prefer to keep them intact, tip and all, (I think you get a more juicy and flavorful end result this way). Since we were having friends over and wanted them to be able to easily pick up the wings and nosh away, we cut them down into wingettes and drumettes.
To marinate these wings we used a new combination: yogurt and Farmer’s Garden pickle juice. The result was perfect. The combination of the pickle juice and yogurt tenderizes the chicken beautifully as well as infuses this natural ‘briny’ feel to the wings. It’s so good! For the marinade we used the juice from the Bread and Butter Chips variety. The juice is mild but with a touch of sweetness and it combined perfectly with the extra tart key limes.
This simple combination of flavors is perfect for the warm months ahead of us and all the fun parties and barbecues that come with them. Not only is this dish easy to throw together and super tasty, it’s also pretty inexpensive so it’s perfect for big groups!
Father’s Day is coming up in a few weeks and these wings could make a festive barbeque snack for your celebration. Enjoy! xx, Jenny
Hungry for more?
Cilantro Lime and Yogurt Grilled Wings
- 12 whole chicken wings, tips trimmed and discarded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 5 key limes, juiced
- ⅔ cup brine from Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Bread and Butter Chips
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- smoked paprika
- key limes, quartered
- cilantro leaves
- Separate drumettes from wingettes by slicing a sharp knife through the joints. Place trimmed wings into a large mixing bowl and toss together with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients pour over wings. Toss together until all the wings are fully coated and submerged in the marinade. Cover, refrigerate and allow the mixture to sit for 6 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Generously brush grill with a ‘high temperature resistant’ oil before adding chicken.
- Remove wings from marinade, shaking off any excess and place onto the grill. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and grill for 10 minutes. Uncover, flip and grill for another 10 to 12 minutes or until the juices run clear when a test cut is made.
- Remove from grill and allow wings to rest for about 7 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and top with key lime wedges, cilantro leaves and sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve.
- *Makes 12 Wings