One of my favorite dishes to meal prep are these grain bowls. They keep really well in the refrigerator, and it’s so nice to have them waiting for a quick lunch or dinner. They’re also super easy to make and purposely designed to be flexible so you can use what you like, or what you have on hand. If you have leftover vegetables, this is a great way to use them! (Another great option for leftover veggies is our Leftover Vegetable Soup recipe, if you haven’t checked it out yet!)
One of the things I love the most about my Bosch 800 Series Oven is its Home Connect capability, which allows me to monitor and manage it from my phone. I can start pre-heating the oven from anywhere – such a time saver. I have been working from home so much more during the pandemic, and in order to be productive I have to thoughtfully structure my days. It’s been great to pull out my phone and pre-heat my oven while I keep working. Then, my phone alerts me when the preheating is finished, so I can head into the kitchen and start my cooking! Super convenient and makes a huge difference in my efficiency.
For these Meal Prep Grain Bowls, you can use pretty much any vegetables you have on hand, but personally I love how sweet potatoes taste with this dish. I also love the crunch fresh broccolini gives you once it’s been roasted. In the above picture, you can see my Bosch 800 Series FlameSelect Gas Cooktop which I love! It’s step-valve flame system helps me achieve repeatable results in all my recipes. If you are curious to see my whole kitchen, check out my Kitchen Reveal or Kitchen Appliance Details posts where I discuss the ins and outs of my Bosch kitchen suite!
Another thing I love about my Bosch oven is the full extension telescopic rack that makes getting heavy casseroles or pots out of the oven so much easier. I also really love the convection oven setting when I am making frozen pizza (don’t judge!) – it gives a really even bake and super crispy crust.
I hope you try out these bowls in your home this week for a quick and easy lunch or dinner with your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Meal Prep Grain Bowls
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet potato scrubbed and chopped
- 4 small carrots scrubbed and quartered
- ½ head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into bitesized florets
- ½ bunch of broccolini trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⅓ cups hummus store bought of choice
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas drained
- ½ bunch purple kale stemmed, torn into bitesized pieces and massaged
- 1 avocado pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ hothouse cucumber
- 4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- For vegetables: Place sweet potatoes and carrots onto a baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Spread into a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Place cauliflower and broccolini into a mixing bowl and toss together with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- After 20 minutes remove baking sheet from oven, add cauliflower and broccolini to baking sheet and toss together, spreading into a single layer.
- Place vegetables back into oven and continue to roast for an additional 20 minute or until vegetables have charred and are fork tender. Remove from oven and cool.
- To assemble: In a large mixing bowl, toss together brown rice and quinoa.
- Divide grain mixture into bowls or airtight containers.
- Top grain mixture with a dollop of hummus, a small handful of kale and some chickpeas.
- Spoon a couple large spoonful’s of roasted vegetables into each bowl and top with a few slices of avocado and cucumbers.
- Finish each bowl with a drizzle of olive oil salt and sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve or cover and refrigerate.