It’s been raining here in LA! AND a storm is supposedly coming again which means even more rain! It’s almost as if right now we are having seasons, and it’s awesome. Raining days equal cozy and warm food. For that, I always turn to soup or pasta, which makes this Green Curry Noodle soup just perfect because its noodles and soup. Although this soup is really filling, it still feels light which I love because as soon as the weather turns a bit cold my body goes into carb loading mode. What are your favorite cold weather recipes to make?
Hungry for more?
Green Curry Noodle Soup
green curry paste
- ½ bunch Thai basil leaves
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves
- 2 makrut lime leaves or the zest of 2 limes
- 1 (4 inch) piece lemongrass
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ shallot, chopped
- 1 (2 inch) piece peeled ginger
- ½ Serrano pepper
- ¼ teaspoon shrimp paste or 5 to 6 dashes fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch beech mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced (and canned) bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 heaping tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 makrut lime leaves or 1, 3 inch lime peel
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces flat rice noodles, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro leaves
- Thai basil leaves
- mint leaves
- thinly sliced Serrano peppers
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- For green curry paste: Place all ingredients into the well of a food processor and blend until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes.
- For soup: Pour oil into a saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add curry paste and makrut leaves (or lime peel) and toast mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir coconut milk and stock into the saucepan and reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer mixture for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowl and top with cilantro leaves, Thai basil leaves, mint leaves, and thinly sliced Serrano peppers. Serve.
- *Makes 2 quarts Soup