This is my new cozy soup. Creamy, potato-y (gnocchi! YES!) and with chicken. So you get all the good stuff, in one bowl, AND it’s soup, which means you must serve it with crusty bread, and dip the heck out of it. Not much is better than dipping crusty bread into creamy soup on cold days. Right? Probably best to make a big batch.
We are big fans of gnocchi! Here are some more yummy gnocchi recipes you might love:
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Summer Gnocchi
- Sausage and Kale Baked Gnocchi
- Caprese Gnocchi
- Creamy Baked Gnocchi with Ham and Cheese
Also check out this post for our Best Soup Recipes!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced sage
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 12 ounces gnocchi
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place butter in a large saucepan and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to turn translucent. Add thyme and sage and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes, continuing to stir, to remove the raw flour flavor as well as any dry flour pockets.
- Whisk milk into the vegetable-flour mixture and stir until no lumps remain. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir the stock into the soup mixture and add the shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer soup for about 20 minutes or until the soup thickens. Stir in gnocchi and continue to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until gnocchi have cooked through. Adjust seasonings and serve.
- *Makes 2 quarts Soup