Happy weekend! We thought today we be a good day to share this super simple cheesy skillet hashbrowns and eggs recipe with you. On weekends I always love having a bigger breakfast, one that is delicious, but not too complicated to make, but that is definitely more effort than I would have put in during the week. So, this is why we are sharing this easy recipe with you! It’s been a favorite of mine because of the potatoes (everything is better with potatoes), and its just so convenient to be able to grab them from the freezer. Pretty much everything else in this recipe you probably already have. I will be making this tomorrow for sure, will you be?:)
Simple Cheesy Skillet Hash browns + Eggs
Serves 2 to 3
4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cups frozen, shredded potatoes
3 large eggs
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar
1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a 10” cast iron skillet into an oven preheated at 375˚F, for 10 minutes.
2. Carefully remove skillet from oven and add 2 tablespoons butter and oil, swirling the melting butter across the entire surface.
3. Add shredded potatoes and spread into an even layer and create 3 pockets within the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Dot 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over the surface and transfer skillet back into the oven for 15-18 minutes.
5. Remove skillet from the oven and dot each pocket within the potatoes with 1 teaspoon butter. Add a cracked egg into each pocket, top the potatoes with shredded cheese and return the skillet to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the egg whites are set, with the yolks still creamy and the top of the potatoes are golden brown.
6. Season with salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkle of chives. Serve.