I love this Spiced White Wine Sangria. It’s such an easy and fun low maintenance way to fancy up a cheaper bottle of pinot grigio. This is also delicious and with all the garnishes it’s also quite beautiful. This makes the perfect festive drink to serve for Thanksgiving, or any Holiday Party!
Here are some more recipes for holiday entertaining you might like:
If you’re looking for more drink recipes, please check out our drink recipe collection below:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Spiced White Wine Sangria
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 (750ml) bottle pinot grigio
- 2 tangerines, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- cinnamon sticks
- star anise
- Place sugar, water, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cardamom pods into a small saucepan, stir and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- While the spice simple syrup cools, spread tangerine slices onto a baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with a small amount of brown sugar.
- Using a brulee torch, caramel the tops of each orange tangerine slice or place the baking sheet under a broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the orange slices and pomegranate seeds into a large pitcher.
- Pour the wine over the fruit and add extra cinnamon sticks and star anise, if desired.
- Strain the simple syrup into the pitcher and stir until well combined.
- Place the sangria in the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least an hour. Pour into glasses and serve.
- *Makes 2 quarts