Happy Friday! We are excited to share with you this really yummy recipe for Simple Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti and Zucchini Noodles. We love splitting the difference with the pasta and adding in Zucchini noodles. It definitely feeds our craving for pasta, but doesn’t give us huge food babies which is nice. I also love using turkey in this situation because it’s a nice alternative to beef, and with all the other flavors going on I don’t miss it.
Here are some similar recipes you will love:
- Bolognese Sauce
- Seared Salmon with 50/50 Noodles
- Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
- Creamy Turkey and Kale Skillet Lasagna
Grab the recipe for our Simple Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti and Zucchini Noodles below!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
Simple Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti and Zucchini Noodles
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- pinch sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini, cut into thin noodles (easiest using a peeler with ‘teeth’)
- 5 ounces dry spaghetti
- Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add oil.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute for 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are barely translucent.
- Add carrots and continue to saute for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and brown, 3 to 4 minutes, breaking turkey up with a wooden spoon.
- Add oregano and tomato paste and stir into skillet and cook for an additional minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in milk. Allow mixture to simmer together until slightly reduced, 6 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and sugar into skillet and stir together. Break tomatoes up with a wooden spoon and continue to stir together.
- Simmer Bolognese for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened but still saucy. Adjust seasonings, cover and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add a small handful of salt, followed by pasta, and boil until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. With 1 minute left of cooking the pasta, add the thin cut zucchini to the pasta and stir together.
- Drain pasta and zucchini and pour into a large pasta bowl or individual plates.
- Top pasta and zucchini combo with bolognese and finish with more grated Parmesan. Serve.