We are huge fans of chilaquiles, and so today we are sharing with you a recipe for a seasonally inspired version of chilaquiles, our Chipotle Lime Chilaquiles. We pile this dish with sweet summer corn and lots of fresh zucchini. I love checking this site out to see what’s in season and sort of go from there. Obviously we had to add avocado to this too because everything is better with some avocado….and cheese. :)
This is perfect if you are a vegetable lover – or just want to sneak a little more into your meals. We consider this the ideal Sunday brunch dish! If you love these Chipotle Lime Chilaquiles as much as we do, we have a variety of other versions that you’ll love too!
Chipotle Lime Chilaquiles
- 2 ears corn
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 6 ounces (thick) tortilla chips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and sear, turning the cobs every 2minutes to evenly char. Remove corn from the skillet and slice kernels off each cob, discarding the cobs.
- Pour oil into the skillet and sauté onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and continue to sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add corn and toss together. Remove half of the mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Add crushed tomatoes, adobo and stock and stir together. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil and begin adding tortilla chips, a handful at a time, folding gently to coat every chip. Allow chips to soak up some liquid before adding more. Repeat until all chips have been added and evenly mixed.
- Add the lime zest and juice, season with salt and pepper and gently fold together.
- Bake for 12 to 15minute or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Finish chilaquiles by topping with the remaining zucchini and corn mixture, queso fresco, sliced avocados, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.