You may remember when we posted our original Lasagna Roll Ups recipe quite a while back. We loved it so much that we decided to make another version. This version is our Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups recipe, so it’s like a double mash-up of two of our favorite pasta dishes!
What are Lasagna Roll Ups?
They’re a fun take on traditional lasagna, but with each pasta sheet being stuffed, rolled, then arranged upright in a casserole dish together.
How to make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- First you start by parboiling the dry lasagna sheets.
- Next the filling is made. The filling consists of shredded chicken, peas and sauteed mushrooms folded together with a portion of the alfredo sauce.
- Another portion of the alfredo sauce is then spread onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- The parboiled lasagna sheet are then laid out on a clean surface and topped with some of the made filling.
- The lasagna sheets are then tightly rolled up and placed onto the prepared baking dish, spiral side up and topped with the remaining sauce and some grated Parmesan.
- Bake the roll ups until everything is hot, bubbly and slightly browned, remove from oven and finish with more Parmesan. So easy and delicious!
How to make, freeze ahead and reheat
- Make and assemble roll ups in baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and Parmesan.
- Tightly cover with foil (making sure foil isn’t touching top of the roll ups).
- Place in freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, place in preheated oven still covered with foil. Bake for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Serve.
This Easy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups recipe is perfect for a group of people, or even for a small family dinner because it makes really delicious leftovers. We love using these lasagna sheets because they’re nice and sturdy, plus we love the cute crimped edges! If you love these lasagna roll ups as much as we do, we also have this low-carb version, using strips of zucchini instead of lasagna sheets! Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 ½ cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan, divided
- 16 dry lasagna sheets (with fluted edges), boiled
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Pour chicken and peas into a large mixing bowl and toss together.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons butter in a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add to the chicken and peas.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet and add garlic and onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour cream into the mixture and lower the heat to medium-low and simmer. Season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer until the cream reduces by ½ cup, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Once the cream has reduced begin whisking in Parmesan, ½ ounce at a time, until all about 6 ounces of Parmesan has been added and the sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer the sauce until it thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Reserve 2 cups of the alfredo sauce and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and pea mixture and fold together. Adjust seasonings.
- To assemble: Pour 1 cup alfredo sauce into the bottom of an 8”x8” baking dish and set aside. Pace a cooked lasagna sheet onto a clean surface and top with a layer of the creamy chicken mixture.
- Tightly roll the lasagna sheet up completely. Carefully place it into the prepared baking dish, spiral side-up. Repeat until all of the sheets and filling have been used and snuggly fit into the baking dish. Drizzle roll ups with remaining alfredo sauce.
- Sprinkle the top of the dish with the half of the remaining Parmesan and place baking dish in the oven for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining Parmesan and allow the dish to cool slightly. Serve.
- Makes 12 roll ups
- *To Freeze Ahead: Once half of Parmesan is sprinkled over roll-ups (in step 11) tightly wrap in foil and place in the freezer. To serve, remove lasagna from freezer and bake, covered in foil, for 40 minutes. Remove foil, then continue to bake for an additional 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.