Hi! For all you pie haters (and I know you exist, its ok) this is a great alternative Thanksgiving recipe. It’s no bake, so it takes up zero oven space, and it has peanut butter and chocolate which is always a winning combo. We thought we would repost this recipe to remind you all because this is such a perfect holiday dessert. :)
This no bake peanut butter cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts to make, especially around the holidays. It’s so perfectly rich and indulgent, with the ginger snap crust adding a nice hint of spice. There are a few different components to this dessert, but it’s still pretty easy to put together. Most of the time is taken up by refrigerating and waiting for the filling and ganache to stiffen.
This cheesecake also freezes VERY well, so you can make it way in advance and thaw it out come thanksgiving or another one of the upcoming holidays! Sometimes I’ll also top the cheesecake with a light sprinkle of sea salt flakes because the sweet and salt combo with chocolate and peanut butter is totally addicting. Pies are all over the place during the holidays, but if you want to make something a little different and super yummy this cheesecake is the perfect dessert! Enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to never miss a recipe.
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
ginger snap crust
- 30 ginger snap cookies, crushed to a fine powder
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
peanut butter filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
dark chocolate ganache
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- For crust: Place cookie crumbs and butter into a mixing bowl and stir together until fully and evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9” springform pan (or cake pan) and press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate.
- For filling: Place cream cheese and peanut butter into a mixing bowl and beat together. Add remaining ingredients and continue to beat together until mixture is light, fluffy and smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared crust smooth surface. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours and up to 48 hours.
- For ganache: Pour cream into a small saucepan and place over medium. Once mixture comes to a simmer, remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Allow mixture to sit for about 5 minutes or until chocolate has melted. Stir until mixture is completely blended and smooth. Set aside and cool for about 15 minutes.
- To assemble and serve: Remove cheesecake from the pan (once refrigerated for a few hours and stiffened) and place onto a cake stand or a large plate. Pour cooled ganache over the top of the cheesecake and spread it evenly over the surface. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over perimeter of the cheesecake, refrigerate until ganache stiffens, about 30 minutes, and serve.
- *Makes 1 (9”) cheesecake