We have another great cookie recipe for you today! This one is for the chocolate lovers. We made twix into cookies, and it’s perfect for Valentines Day to give to all your friends, or just eat all yourself because making anything is a lot of work, and it’s more fun to reap the rewards than give them away most of the time. Anyway, I love twix, but these are just a little better because they are cookie shape, and I think the chocolate we use just tastes better! Anyway, I hope you will give these a go!
Hungry for more?
Salted Twix Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 soft caramel squares
- 2½ cups melted milk chocolate
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- sea salt flakes
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- For cookies: In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, in thirds, until completely combined and no dry spots remain.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the shortbread dough and roll into a ball. Create an indent in the center of the shortbread dough ball and insert 1 soft caramel square. Cover the opening with a little more shortbread dough and roll into a ball until the caramel square is completely covered.
- Repeat until all of the dough and caramel squares have been used.
- Place the caramel stuffed cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet (will need multiple baking sheets unless making batches at a time), 1 inch apart.
- Gently press down on each ball to create a flat surface and bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies have cooked through, but haven’t started to brown on the surface.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To assemble: Carefully dip each cookie into the milk chocolate mixture, shaking off any excess and place onto a clean parchment lined baking sheet. Once the chocolate dries, drizzle the dark chocolate over each cookie and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Allow dark chocolate to dry before packaging or serving.