If you’re like me and you’re in the need of some salad time after weeks of hard core wonderful indulging then here is one to add to your rotation. There are still lots of delicious goodies happening in this salad like burrata cheese and pita bread -so you’re not totally deprived of the good stuff. We have crispy quinoa in this salad too which makes it really hearty and also adds great texture. We covered all of these delicious things in a yummy mustard vinaigrette. Cheers to getting back on track! :)
Hungry for more?
Fattoush Style Salad with Crispy Quinoa
- ½ shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain (or Dijon) mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 large heads romaine, cleaned, ends removed and chopped
- 5 vine ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- ⅛ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and peeled
- 2 balls burrata cheese, halved
- 2 large toasted or grilled pita bread, broken into large pieces
- 1 cup crispy cooked quinoa**
Recipe instruction visual controls:
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients, except oil, into a large bowl and whisk together. Whisk oil into remaining ingredients, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. Remove ⅓ of vinaigrette from mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add romaine to large mixing bowl and toss together with vinaigrette until evenly coated, then spread dressed romaine onto a large platter.
- Add remaining vinaigrette, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, garbanzo beans, and toasted pita bread to mixing bowl and toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture over dressed romaine and top with split burrata and crispy quinoa. Lightly season with salt and pepper and serve.